Drawing on 36 years of experience as a construction law rainmaker, Cordell Parvin works with lawyers and law firms to develop the next generation of great attorneys. He guides lawyers in finding the right attitude, setting appropriate goals, developing strategies for time management and building networking skills.
Cordell’s years of experience as an attorney set him apart from other lawyer coaches as he has actually done what he teaches. Previously serving as the Construction Law Practice Group Leader and the Partner responsible for attorney development at his firm, Cordell has experienced the challenges facing attorneys and uses that experience to help provide solutions.
In 2005, Cordell left Jenkens & Gilchrist to devote full time to coaching, teaching and speaking on career development, business development and law firm leadership. Since then he has coached lawyers in firms throughout the United States and Canada, and has been a frequent speaker at law firm retreats. He is the author of three books and has published many articles on these subjects.
Areas of Expertise
- Career Development and Client Development Coaching
- Law Firm and Practice Group Planning and Marketing
- Motivational Speaking
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Former member, Professional Development Consortium
- University of Richmond Law School J.D. (1971)
- Virginia Tech B.A. (1969)
- Texas State Bar, admitted 1996
- Virginia State Bar, admitted 1971