This post is for those of you who believe writing and/or speaking are valuable activities to raise your profile. If you are one of those lawyers, here are some questions on your writing:
- What are the top topics your clients and potential clients care about now? (Note: what are the problems, opportunities or changes they are encountering that create legal issues?)
- Do you want to write blog posts or longer articles and get them published?
- If you are blogging, what headlines for your topics would attract your targeted reader and would lead a Google search to your blog post?
- For each article or blog post, why would your clients and targeted potential clients want to read this?
- What do you want your clients and targeted potential clients to take away from the article or blog post?
- What do you want them to think about you after reading what you have written?
- If you plan to write an article, what would be the very best place to get it published?
- Is there a topic that could serve as a “guide” for your clients and targeted potential clients?
- After you write an article, blog post or guide, how can you best make sure your clients and targeted potential clients see it?