Today, I want you to focus on your contacts and relationship building.
- Make a list of all of your contacts.
- Rate them 1-10 three ways: How often in contact; nature of contact (email only is a 1, in-person is a 10); how important they are (someone who you will never do business with is a 1, a client is a 10). Read: Want to be More Focused about Your Contacts? to get a better idea.
- For each contact, what do you know about him or her on a personal level?
- Who are your “strong ties?” (close friends, family)
- Who are your “weak ties?” (Take a look at The Strength of Weak Ties)
- Who are your “dormant ties?” (people you know, but have not been in contact in some time)
- How can you create more “weak tie” relationships with people who will learn what you know?
- How can you reconnect with your “dormant ties?”