- You are ready to hit the send button for an email to a client, pick up the telephone and call.
- You are getting ready to send an email to a colleague in your firm on the same floor, get out of your chair and go visit in person.
- You are getting ready to send a bill to a client, review it in detail for mistakes and anything that should not be charged.
- You are considering eating lunch with a lawyer in your group, pick up the telephone and offer to take a client or referral source to lunch.
- You are getting ready to post .10 an hour (maybe even .20 an hour) for a telephone call with a client, stop and just eat the time.
- You open a new matter for a client, prepare a plan for how the matter will be handled and share it with your client.
- You finish a matter for a client, write a handwritten note and let the client know how much you appreciate the opportunity to serve them.
- You feel you are too busy to do any client development activities that day, think of something you can do in 15 minutes or less and do it.
- You think about how you can sell or market yourself to a potential client, stop and change your thought to how you can help the potential client.