- More often than not, clients hire lawyers rather than law firms.
- Client development is about building your profile and building relationships.
- You will be considered by a new client if they have seen you in action, have received a recommendation or read something you have written or watched you make a presentation.
- The recommendations, more often than not, will come from “weak ties.”
- You will get hired if the client believes she can trust you to handle the client matter and feels she has rapport with you.
If I have convinced you these are key points, then:
- What are you doing to raise your profile?
- What are you doing to build relationships with contacts?
- What is your plan to build trust and rapport with potential clients?