This weekend a group of outstanding lawyers I have coached are coming to Dallas from throughout the US and Canada to learn from each other. On Friday they will have a StrengthsFinder coaching session with Cindy Pladziewicz and a client development coaching session with me. Saturday, we will brainstorm ideas on taking their law practices to the next level.
Most of you will never have a client development coach, and won’t likely come to Dallas to meet with me. Yet, if you read my blog regularly, I know you want to elevate your practice to the next level. Here are questions I would ask you in a coaching session:
- What specifically do you want?
- Why is achieving that important to you?
- What will achieving this do for you?
- What are the downsides if you do not achieve it?
- What level of commitment are you willing to make towards meeting this goal?
- Where are you now?
- What have you tried so far?
- What has worked most effectively for you?
- What has made it challenging so far?
- What firm resources will you need?
- What can you do now to start?
- What can you do to hold yourself accountable and make sure you stick with it when you are busy?