I originally posted this in 2012, and I thought as we approach the end of the year it would be worth updating and posting again.
Suppose your firm doesn’t want to pay an outsider like me to come work with your lawyers. How could you set up your own firm coaching program?
If you want to create a 2020 monthly client development program in your firm, here are monthly topics you might consider. I recommend starting in December so that your January topic is preparing a plan.
- December: StrengthsFinder 2.0 A lawyer’s business plan should take into account his or her strengths. If you are interested, here is a blog I wrote about my own strengths:
- January: How to Prepare Plan and Goals. To get some ideas check out my blog: Want an Example of a Really Good Business Plan?
- February: Client Development 2017 and Beyond. Principles of client development that will always be important and what is changing.
- March: Motivation, Time Management, Hold Yourself Accountable.
- April: How Business Clients Select Lawyers and Law Firms.
- May: Raising Your Credibility and Visibility.
- June: Writing and Speaking to Get Hired.
- July: Blogging: What and How to Write a Blog for Clients. Check out my iBook on Blogging and Social Media.
- August: Relationship Building.
- September: Social Media.
- October: Client Meetings, Client Pitches, Getting Selected.
- November: Client Service. Check out my iBook on Client Service.
- December: What Sets Rainmakers Apart or What Separates Stars from Superstars.