If you want to start building a reputation and building relationships with clients focus on five important points:
- Client development is about building high trust relationships, serving and caring.
- You will not develop client relationships merely by being a highly skilled lawyer and doing quality work.
- Focus your attention on discovering what your clients need.
- Identify and provide solutions to problems before the client realizes there is a problem.
- Strive to differentiate yourself from your competitors, by providing extraordinary service.
This is not the first time you have seen these ideas here. So, how can this list help you? Take each item and make a list of all the things you can do to successfully implement that item. Then, rank each action from most important to least important. This exercise will give you a tremendous start on a business plan.