Do you think rainmaking is something you are born with or something you can develop?
I am living proof you can develop it.
Some time ago I wrote about the book and article “Talent is Overrated,” I received an email from a DC lawyer I coached a few years ago. He wrote:
“Talent” will never beat:
- Being the first one to “know” something of value for a client
- Showing up early and staying late
- Exerting enough effort that allows luck to play to your benefit
- Convincing the client and the relationship that they matter to you and you are focused on serving them
- Being honest when the plan failed.
Recently I saw this 2015 article: 8 traits the world’s most successful people share. Before you look at it what do you suppose are the 8 traits?