Your law firm’s success depends on attracting, retaining and expanding relationships with your clients. Could that possibly be a topic for brainstorming at your next law firm retreat or meeting?
If your clients could choose, what would they want your law firm’s vision of success and core values to be?
I believe the real difference between success and failure in business can very often be traced to the question of how well the organization brings out the great energies and talents of its people. What does it do to help these people find common cause with each other?
Those are inspiring words and they beg two questions every law firm should answer:
- What is your law firm doing to bring out the great energies and talents of your lawyers and professional staff?
- What is your firm’s common cause that your lawyers and professional staff are pursuing?
So, I think if your clients could choose, they might want your law firm’s vision to be:
- To enable our clients to achieve their business objectives and to provide maximum opportunities for our lawyers and staff to achieve their career dreams and goals.
If your clients could choose, they might want your law firm’s core values and standards to include:
- We put clients and the firm ahead of our own personal interests.
- Each lawyer is expected to invest a minimum of 2500 hours in billable and non-billable (investment) activities, unless he or she is a part of the firm’s flex-time policy.
- We recruit lawyers and staff who have a burning desire to be the best they can be and we invest in, energize and inspire them and provide them with the tools to be successful.
- We seek clients who have interesting work, significant needs for outside legal services and who can afford to pay for our services.
- We provide extraordinary service to our clients, working together as a team and supporting each other whenever possible.
- We identify what our clients need, want and expect of us and try our best to deliver it each and every day.
- We use technology more effectively than other firms to better serve our clients.