I loved coaching senior associates. Why? Most of the associates I coached were eager to learn and open to coaching. Most of them are now rainmakers or firm leaders.
Some of you reading this today are among the most successful associates I coached. You stood out from the crowd and I could tell you were destined for success the first time we met.
I was recently asked what attributes the most successful associates I coached possessed. Here are attributes I shared.
- They were optimistic about their future
- They were patient, persistent and persevere
- They had a plan for their non-billable time and written goals
- They had started making client development a priority
- They sought to become more visible to their target market
- They sought feedback on their ideas and how they are doing
- They held themselves accountable
- They were happy with their personal lives because they focused on their priorities
- They ate healthy and regularly exercised
- Each and every day they worked hard to become a better lawyer