Law Firm Associates: What about a law firm is important to you? If you have only considered compensation and the number of billable hours expected then you may be well paid, or happy with the lower hours, but still not happy about your firm.
Here are some other things to consider:
- A good role model and mentor who personally takes an interest in you and helps you achieve your goals
- Control of your career
- Feeling your work makes a difference
- Feeling a part of a team
- A clear understanding of the firm’s mission, vision, how you fit in and what is expected of you
- Using technology better than other law firms
- Interesting work and constant learning experiences
- Continual feedback
- A sense you will be treated fairly
- Opportunities for community service
Rank these with 1 being the most important and 10 being the least important..