Over the 13 years I coached lawyers, I was frequently asked what are the most important things lawyers I coach are getting out of the coaching program.
I want to share my thoughts with you because even if you are not in any coaching program you can use these ideas. If you are interesting in having me find the right firm for you now, this is also a pretty good list for you.
- They think about client development opportunities.
- They have a long-term and short-term plan with goals.
- They have become more confident in themselves.
- They have become more focused on what they want to do and the potential clients in their target market.
- They are building their profile by writing, speaking and becoming more known as a “go to” lawyer in their field.
- They are way more focused on their clients’ industry, business and client representatives.
- They are getting out from behind their computers and making client visits.
- They have become more active in their communities.
- They are learning from each other and getting to know each other.
- They have taught other lawyers in the firm.
- They are having fun. (They don’t look at client development as something they have to do.)
I urge you to think about how you can personally implement each of these ideas.