I was once asked to speak to newly promoted partners in an entrepreneurial law firm. Those new partners were expected to generate their own business over time.
I started by sharing with the group where to start. In their handout, I included this list:
- Define your target market.
- Decide what you want your target market to hire you to do.
- Identify potential clients’ targets problems, opportunities and changes.
- Draw clients, targets to you by identifying problems and providing creative solutions.
- Become visible and credible to your target market.
- Become visible and credible by adding value.
- Join, lead, and speak at client organizations.
- Determine your best referral sources. .