This week I have been reading about motivation, blogging and marketing more generally. Here is what I have been reading:
- How to motivate employees: What managers need to know-I plan to post a blog next week on motivation base on ideas from three books. I think you will see that what motivates people is relatively easy to figure out. A group I am coaching will focus on how to make the what work in a law firm.
- Why Blog: 25 Tips to Make it Work-Great e-book on blogging. If you are just starting a blog, this is a good guide for you.
- When a freelancer changes the game-I find at least one Seth Godin post a week that I see clearly applies to lawyers. This one certainly does and makes you think about what you are doing to change the game.
- Betty Crocker Secret to Email Marketing that Works-I thought this blog had some good ideas for lawyers sending out email alerts. I wonder how many firms are sending email alerts about the new health care legislation?
- Three Steps to Make Your Next Speech Your Best-I enjoy reading what Nick Morgan writes about public speaking. Several lawyers I coach are working on their public speaking skills so I frequently share Nick’s ideas with them.
It won’t take you any time to read any of these posts. I hope you find something helpful. If you do post a comment. Have a great weekend.