I know many lawyers who want to become successful at client development. I know far fewer who actually do what it takes to become successful. How can you increase your chances of doing client development activities?
- Clarify what you want in your career
- Have a good answer to why what you want is important to you
- Identify the specific actions you want to want to take
- Break those actions into smaller components
- Share your plan with a friend or colleague
- Develop a plan for each week. Estimate the time you will spend and put it on your calendar.